August 8, 2007

Breaking the Silence




It has been a while, and i had never posted any of my musings... there had been storms in my mind and as i was reflecting on it, could it be caused by some physical causes?

I had been suffering some prolonged inflamations of my tonsils and could it be affecting my heart? my overall health? my moods? could it be causing sleep apnea?

I had been reading symptoms of sleep apnea and one of it is a very consistent proof... my sleepines no matter how early i go to bed the previous night... and my being tired before the day's end...

If treating this would give me lots of benefits, then this would be a top priority on my list.

I have read that treating sleep apnea could improve memory, concentration, alertness, positive energy... generally, a healthy life...

Below is an excerpt of a report that I have read that state the severity of this condition:

Sleep apnea treatment benefits the heart
Shape and function of the heart improves with apnea treatment(BETHESDA, MD) – Patients with obstructive sleep apnea have enlarged and thickened hearts that pump less effectively, but the heart abnormalities improve with use of a device that helps patients breathe better during sleep, according to a new study in the April 4, 2006, issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
"Not only are the shape and size of the heart affected, the right side of the heart was dilated and the heart muscle on the left side was thicker in patients with obstructive sleep apnea, but the pump function was also reduced. The changes were directly related to the severity of the problem. Treating the problem brought significant improvements in the affected parameters, as well as in symptoms, in a relatively short period of time of six months," said Bharati Shivalkar, M.D., Ph.D. from the University Hospital Antwerp in Antwerp, Belgium....

In a crossover RCT of CPAP in patients with mild OSA, CPAP was shown to improve symptoms, cognitive function, psychologic well-being, and quality of life.


Reflecting more on this... a thought came to mind... I think Darth Vader had a very serious case of obstructive sleep apnea...

before i end this filler... enjoy the .jpg at least to compliment my boring thoughts...








No comments: